Career development in the community
Curriculum Outreach was created in order to serve youth that are unable to participate in our traditional High School Internship Program. Through Curriculum Outreach, Urban Alliance conducts trainings for young people, ages 14-24, including not only in school youth but also disconnected youth as well. The disconnected population includes youth transitioning from juvenile detention to youth working towards a GED and self-sufficiency. These job and life skills training workshops have been delivered to more than 15,000 youth throughout Washington, DC; Baltimore, Maryland; Chicago, Illinois; and Northern Virginia. Since 2011, Curriculum Outreach has grown to reach over 1,450 youth each year.
Role playing and real life scenarios
- Our curriculum is hands-on and stresses interaction. Topics include:
- Basic Work Skills: punctuality, attendance, professional attire, business ethics, time management, taking initiative
- Communications: professional phone and writing skills, workplace communication, conflict resolution
- Job Attainment Skills: resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, career exploration, effective job search
- Financial Literacy: Banking, Savings & Checking; Budgeting & Savings, Daily Expense Planning, Understanding Credit
How it works
- We provide our curriculum upon request to organizations and tailor it to their needs. It can be designed in a number of ways:
- 60 or 90-minute standalone sessions
- Half or full-day trainings
- Multiple day trainings
For more information about Urban Alliance’s Curriculum Outreach Program, please contact Martin Copeland, Curriculum Outreach Manager at email@example.com.