Urban Alliance is one of the most “innovative and highest impact social programs.”
Urban Alliance makes a significant impact on the trajectory of a young person’s life, helping them towards economic self-sufficiency.
- 100% of program alumni graduate high school on time
- 80% of program alumni enroll in a two or four year college
- 80% of interns who enroll in college persist into their second year
- 80% of program alumni remain “connected” to a pathway – including college, employment, or a career training program – one year after completing Urban Alliance
- Young men in the program showed a significantly higher likelihood of graduating high school and attending college than their peers.
- Young people in the program left feeling significantly more comfortable with both hard and soft skills. This is especially important as research points to the importance of soft skills for both academic and employment success.
How We Measure
Urban Alliance is strongly committed to its process and results. Our data collection, analysis, and reporting process helps us ensure the highest-quality results. Young people are followed and assessed both while they are in the program and after they’ve completed it to help ensure ongoing connection to successful pathways.
- Professional Skill Evaluations
All Urban Alliance interns receive three skill set evaluations, which capture growth and progress along 11 unique soft skills.
- Alumni Follow-Up
Urban Alliance works with networks of program graduates to track their progress in college and the workforce.
- Performance Reports
To best fulfill our mission, we use program evaluation and data analysis to understand our impact, highlight our strength and pinpoint improvement areas. Our performance reports show results .
The Highest-Quality Data
In addition to our rigorous internal evaluation, Urban Alliance partners with Urban Institute to conduct two nationally-funded randomized controlled trials (RCT), helping us to ensure that we deliver on our promise to young people. Using an RCT allows Urban Alliance to use the best science to assess our results. More information on our first RCT study can be found here.